Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Fioricet = Butalbital

I was just doing some reading on migraines and my medications when I realized that Butalbital, my go-to drug when nothing else works for migraines or bad headaches, is also called Fioricet. I guess maybe Butalbital is a generic name. Click here if you want to read more about Fioricet.

Quick recap on my killer (aren't they all) migraine: Sunday I had a migraine and took Butalbital in time, and it worked. Then Monday I woke up with it again and it was much worse and I had to miss work. I took two Excedrin Migraines because I didn't want to overuse the Butalbital since it can cause rebound headaches (of course so can the Excedrin) and it worked pretty well. Unfortunately the migraine came back Tuesday while I was at work, so I took Butalbital again, and so far it hasn't come back.

One thing I didn't mention was that I stayed up late and slept in longer than usual over the weekend, which may have brought on the migraine. I still need to stay focused on keeping a regular eat/sleep schedule. Then maybe I can beat these things.