Thursday, September 18, 2008

Update to last post and Neurologist-Hopping

The University of North Carolina Hospital neurologist, nice as he was, never called me back (see last post about the apparently non-existent food intolerance test). I'm sure he's busy, or maybe the headache neuro he spoke with didn't have an answer for me so he decided not to call. I might still try to see a nutritionist, but that's another thing - one of many - that my insurance doesn't cover, so for now I'm going to hold off.

I've been thinking about seeing the headache neuro at UNC, but that would mean I'd stop going my neuro at the headache clinic who is the 4th neuro I've seen. That would make neuro #5. And isn't a headache clinic the best place to be? I know that it's not uncommon for people with illnesses to see lots of doctors, but I like my current one. At the same time though, maybe I need someone with a different perspective. I don't know what to do.

I'm traveling this weekend and hope to get some reading in, so I'll try finishing the headache books I've started and will write about anything helpful when I return.

Have a fun, headache-free weekend!