Monday, January 5, 2009

IUD is OUT

No, this is not the book review I mentioned in my last post. It will come in the near future, I promise.

But I do have some news. I got my Mirena IUD removed today! See this post for background information.

My gyno didn't try to talk me out of it, and she was pretty nonchalant about the whole thing for which I'm grateful. I thought it would be painful so I took two Aleves about an hour before - I already had some cramps and a headache - but I don't know if they made a difference. They sure didn't help my headache! Anyway, there was a second of intense pain when she pulled it out (felt like really bad cramps but as a sharp pain) and that was it. I wasn't even sore afterward.

She said I'll get my normal period back in about a month, and then I'll be able to get my hormones tested. Then maybe I'll find out if they're related to my headaches.