Saturday, January 21, 2012

Please sign this petition to Congress

The Alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy has put together a petition to urge Congressional hearings on the impact of migraine and headache disorders.

I don't sign online petitions very often, but this one only takes a few seconds and it could really make a difference, especially if enough people sign it. Here's the petition; I posted the link on Twitter and Facebook and I encourage you to sign this and also spread the word. Here's what I posted on Facebook:
Please sign this petition if you have a minute (it won't even take that long). Migraines impact so many people, including myself, and well-known medicines like Excedrin or Imitrex don't help everyone; in fact, they make mine worse. There's no easy solution and more research must be done!
I really do feel that some - heck maybe most - people assume that people with migraines or headaches can just take medicine and it works. If I wasn't a sufferer, I might think the same and I might also feel the same way about other chronic conditions. I'd bet that Congress feels this way too. They need to know that the war's not over yet. We haven't won, and we're certainly not going to give up and surrender!