Wednesday, June 20, 2012

WoH Quoted in Article: What You Might Not Know About Treating Migraines

War on Headaches was mentioned in an article on The Daily Muse, a website for career-oriented women. The article is titled "What You Might Not Know About Treating Migraines."

The author, Varci Vartanian, used to work as a nurse for a neurology practice, so while she doesn't suffer from migraines, she knows all about them. Since it's National Migraine Awareness Month, she decided to write an article on the topic and she found my blog and requested an interview. I enjoyed talking with her because she was very understanding and sympathetic of migraines and how they impact one's life. Please be sure to check out the article and share it with your friends - especially the ones who say "just take some (insert latest OTC headache med they just saw on a TV commercial that "works" for migraines)."

Thank you Varci and The Daily Muse for raising awareness of migraines and how tricky they can be!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This isn't related to this post, but I wanted to share a story with you all. I was shopping with a close friend who has had two kids and is pregnant with her third, and she was having to avoid certain stores that had strong scents because they made her nauseous. We also smelled cigarette smoke from far away. I told her that I understood how she felt because I always had a heightened sense of smell plus random nausea, and she said, "Wow, it's like you're pregnant all the time!" I hadn't thought about it like that, but it's so true! She was able to better relate to me from making that connection, which was nice. :)