Thursday, October 3, 2013

I seriously hate perfume.

The book review I was going to write is on hold, and my neurology appointment isn't until next week, so I don't have much to write about at the moment. So please let me take this opportunity to vent, if you don't mind.

I HATE Perfume

And all lab-created scents, really...but especially perfume. I admit, before my headaches got out of control, I actually wore perfume for special occasions (prom for example...yes it was that long ago). And some perfumes and colognes don't bother me much. But others literally drive me crazy. They make my nose itch, my brain cloudy, and every time I inhale it feels like I'm getting stabbed in the eye or hit in the forehead or back of my head. Usually it's a minor stabbing feeling, but after too long it gets worse and develops into a bad headache or migraine.

My hatred of perfume has grown lately because I have a baby, and women like to hold babies. Don't worry - I only let people I know hold Hollis - but some of them wear perfume, and then she ends up smelling like perfume, and then it rubs off on me, which requires outfit changes for both of us and a bath for her. Also, I have a friend who wears a certain type of perfume (not sure which brand) that REALLY gets to my head, so bad that I actually dread getting together with her because I know how badly it will affect my head.

I don't feel right telling people what do to, like not to wear perfume or not to hold my baby if they're wearing perfume, so all I can do is vent. Thanks for allowing me to do so. :)