Tuesday, January 10, 2017

2017 Update

Hi! I've stopped blogging (well, aside from this post), but I'm keeping my blog up as a way to document my migraine journey for myself and others who may be researching for themselves or loved ones. It's amazing how many things I've tried to stop the pain - and what's just as amazing is there's still so much I could try!

If you've been following my journey (and thank you for that by the way!) here's a personal update. Our family is now a family of 4 with the addition of my second daughter last August. She's quite the handful so any crazy notions of picking up blogging again flew out the window with her. She is a blessing, and one for which we prayed and prayed, don't get me wrong. She's just a firecracker and likes to voice her distress. In her defense, she has reflux and spits up all day long; I'd be cranky too. I still do freelance graphic design. I still have chronic headaches and migraines. I manage them with Fioricet and Extra Strength Acetaminophen/Tylenol, and I avoid certain things like blue food dye, synthetic scents and bright lights. I'm taking a break from neurologists. My pain has been pretty manageable, it's something I've learned to live with and hopefully will one day outgrow. I still pray that it will go away, of course, but I've accepted it (I say this now that I don't have a migraine at the moment!!!).

So some quick housekeeping...I've turned off comments and deleted the email address tied to this blog since I wasn't checking it. If you need to get in touch with me, see my Contact page.

If you're here seeking help or advice for migraines, please don't give up the fight. You probably won't find a cure, but at least keep trying things until they're manageable for you. Life can still be good with migraines, I promise. :)