Thursday, March 27, 2008

Rebound Headaches

I've had a headache almost constantly the last week. At first, I was taking medicine (Butalbital/Fioricet and Aleve) and it would go away, but I didn't want to take too much medicine so I didn't take anything at least one of the days. Unfortunately, I still got a rebound headache from taking too much medicine. Yesterday I had to quit "cold turkey." The headaches don't bother me as much when I can take drugs, but not taking anything yesterday just about killed me. My head hurt SO bad. Fortunately it didn't become a full-blown migraine, so I could still work.

My husband was really supportive. He's used to me having headaches and doesn't really treat me any differently when I have them, but he could tell I was hurting. Maybe I was exaggerating, but I told him that people go to REHAB or the hospital to get off drugs and I was doing it on my own and it was painful. Different drugs, but still...

This morning, I woke up several times with an awful piercing headache, but after hitting snooze a few times, I finally got up and felt better. I've had a slight headache all day (work was ridiculously stressful), but I feel 10 times better than I did yesterday.

I checked CVS for SInol (see comment two posts ago) so I e-mailed them today to ask if they are going to carry it. Yes, I can order it online to try it, but I'd rather talk to a pharmacist and make sure it won't interact with my medicine. I'll write on here once I hear back from them.

Btw - many medications for migraines don't cause rebound headaches but unfortunately the ones I've tried don't work for me...they actually make the migraine worse.

Tomorrow's Friday. Woohoo! :)