Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ask Stanford Med

I received an email informing me that the Director of the Stanford Headache Clinic, Robert Cowan, MD, is taking questions related to headache disorders. Considering I don't have a neurologist at the moment, I'm definitely planning on posting a question; I just have to give it some thought.

If you would like to submit a question, you have until 5 p.m. Pacific Time THIS Friday (March 8). Questions can be submitted by posting a comment to this Stanford Medicine blog post or by writing a tweet including the hashtag #AskSUMed. I just set up a column on my TweetDeck to follow the hashtag. (That really makes me sound like a geek, doesn't it?)

Please read the blog post linked above before posting a question because there are some ground rules and the questions should be "about headache disorders, recent improvements in managing them, and the use of a multifaceted approach to treating symptoms."

Answers to selected questions will be in a future Scope (Stanford Medicine's blog) post, and I'll try my absolute best to remember to link to that post on my own future blog post once it comes out.